Tuesday, January 10, 2006


I recently found an old box at my brother's house, and, Lo! it contained many of my old hand-inscribed works from the 1980s. Wow, these pieces are pretty wild, although some of them I am still proud of, especially Skeleton with Burning Cigarette for solo guitar (written for Bill Carter), Way Beyond the Looking Glass for solo piano (written for Tom DePlonty), and my Broken Motet for oboe, oboe d'amore, 2 bassoons and baritone voice (written for David Badagnani). I can really see how my music changes through these three pieces, from an atonal style to a "medieval" sound. I am tempted to toss away the rest - most of these pieces seem more as studies than as regular pieces I want to hear again, and that is probably true for anybody that would hear them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home