Thursday, October 05, 2006

Amazing Race

American drivers have an interesting way of driving on roads. I go to work down a highway, and the most amazing things that I notice are:

1) Tailing at high speeds. What, I can't appreciate this? "Why, you're on my tail, but I can understand that - I'm only going 10 miles over the speed limit, after all."

2) Entering the highway on the acceleration lane. The drivers come out in two ways - they enter with a complete indifference and, I assume, expect people to move out of they way as they come in. They will fly onto the highway and zoom along the lane, apparently waiting for people to move out of their way so they can slide in. I often give people a hole to slide into, but no, they want to get as far as they can without having to slow down or change their behavior in any way.

3) Entering the highway and stopping in the acceleration lane. What can I say beside the fact that this is illegal - ain't safe for the people behind them, and especially dangerous for groups 1) and 2) above.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be thankful you don't live in Masschusetts.

Cheers
Tom

8:44 AM  
Blogger Tim Risher said...

At least it's Boston!

Tim

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home